Artist: Sound Quartet
Cat nr: SSD003
Genre: Free improvisation/EAM
1. Polymorpher 14:51
2. Didgechants 05:11
3. In between the silent whispers 16:29
4. Firstserved 12:06
5. Candyone 09:10
This is a fab gathering by Sound Quartet including eleven exquisite musicians from Austria, Canada, France, Scotland, Spain and Sweden for exciting and sensitive sessions of experimental nature. As always the quartet breaks away from the norm, this time not only with adventurous music but also by performing as five different trios. This music is a cozy dwelling for any fan of mind-boggling sound journeys.
2. Didgechants – Martina Claussen electronics/voc, Paul Pignon reeds/flute/didgeridoo/voc, Thomas Bjelkeborn electronics/hid
3. Inbetween the silent whispers – Hara Alonso prepared piano, Emma Lloyd violin, Thomas Bjelkeborn electronics/hid
4. First served – Thomas Bjelkeborn electronics/hid, Eva Lindal violin, Viktor Zeidner turntables
5. Candyone – Iñigo Ibaibarriaga saxophone, Thomas Bjelkeborn electronics/hid, Viktor Parra violinThe worldmaking of Sound Quartet is captivating music shaped by electroacoustic research, humaninterface development, extended playingtechniques, joint composition and experimental performance.
The ensemble was established in the nineties at Elektronmusikstudion (EMS) Sweden and Musiques Inventive d’Annecy (MIA) France with Thomas Bjelkeborn as main organiser and Philippe Moenne-Loccoz as co-founder.
Recorded in Stockholm and Vienna
Produced and mastered by Studio84 Sweden
CD Design Elin Hjulström Lord